13 September 2007

The Forsythia is in Bloom!!!


So, it is definitely spring time in Namibia! I kept seeing the Forsythia in bloom and thinking, I need to get a picture of that! When I finally stopped to get a picture I thought, "Oh, I don't think that is actually a forsythia." But let's just pretend!

So, I had a request for outside pictures of my house. Here's one of the front of my house. That's my window to the left of the front door.

This is the little house on the right side of my house where some students at the Polytechnic live.

Here is a picture of the backside of the house. You can see the porch where I was typing the other day on top (above Martin's apartment). One of the apartments I might move into (where Marcus lives now) has the three little windows on the lower right. Martin's door is to the right of my landlady's new SUV. The other apartment I might move into is behind Martin's (can't see it). And another little house that some other Polytechnic students live in is to the left of my landlady's SUV. You can really just see the corner of that house.

Quick funny update. I was super tired when I came home from work the other day. I'm not usually so physically tired, so when I feel that way, sometimes I like playing it up and savoring it. So, I was groaning every time I stood up and slouching in my chair and stuff like that. Dumisa said, "Anytime you are too tired, just let me know and I'll help you out. I can do your dishes or whatever." I cracked up and asked him, "Would you even do my laundry for me?" He said, "Yeah. Well. I mean, I would if we were ... 'you know', and you were tired, and nobody found out." Change happens in small steps.